It is time to bring fourth our SPRING HEALTHY EATING CHALLENGE! Who's in?!
Here are the guidelines:
1. Choose one small healthy change to make a week. See ideas below.
2. Accountability: Tell friends/family/announce here what your healthy change will be for the week. (optional)
3. Set reminders daily to continue implementing this healthy change.
4. Review at the end of the week how you did. Did you keep with the healthy change for 5+ days? You rocked it! Let everyone know. If not, review what got in the way and get ready to rock it out the following week!
5. If you were successful for week 1, initiate another small healthy change for week 2 while continuing to work on that healthy change from week one. Within a month, you should have 4 healthy eating habits in place.
Here are some ideas:
Add veggies to a meal
Add veggies or fruit to a snack
Alternate an unhealthy treat for something healthy and wholesome
drink 64+ oz of cold water daily
Swap out white flour for whole wheat flour
Enjoy a vegan or vegetarian meal each day
No fried food
No red meat
Egg whites instead of eggs with bacon and/or cheese
Black coffee instead of coffee with cream and sugar
Reduce or limit alcohol
No calorie loaded beverages after lunch
Eat slowly and mindfully for one meal a day
Add more fiber to your diet, aim for 25 G daily
Limit/no soda or sweet tea
Of course there are many other healthy eating options. What healthy change will you make this week?