1. Focus on the task at hand. Limit multitasking and fully engage in whatever it is that you are doing.
2. PUT YOUR CELL PHONE AND ELECTRONICS AWAY. (and leave them there for X amount of time with no cheating ;) )
3. Observe your breathing.
4. Check in with your body. Start from your head and work your way down slowly. If your mind wonders, and it probably will, that’s ok. Just bring your mind back to the body and slowly assess what you are experiencing. There is no right or wrong experience.
5. Make eye contact when you are talking with someone. Listen to them fully.
6. Engage your senses. What do you see? Smell? Hear? Feel? Taste?
7. Find a different way to do your normal routine. Take a new route to work. Try a new restaurant. Talk with a stranger you wouldn’t normally engage.
How do you practice being present?